I saw this on the Biblical Center for Parenting website. I could relate to most of them...
Parenting often contains surprises, some delightful and others, well... How many of the following might you be able to relate to? Hint: if you smile at any one, it's probably because you've experienced it in your home.
1. The later you stay up, the earlier your child will wake up the next morning.
2. For a child to become clean, something else must become dirty.
3. Toys multiply to fill any space available.
4. The longer it takes you to make a meal, the less your child will like it.
5. Yours is always the only child who doesn't behave.
6. If the shoe fits...it's expensive.
7. The surest way to get something done is to tell a child not to do it.
8. The gooier the food, the more likely it is to end up on the carpet.
9. Backing the car out of the driveway causes your child to have to go to the bathroom.
10. The more challenging the child, the more rewarding it is to be a parent...but you usually have to work overtime to get that reward.